Reporting to the Team Leader/Coordinator, this role will process various transaction requests from clients and partners.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Team Leader/Coordinator, this role will process various transaction requests from clients and partners. These requests are quite varied, and they are associated with all the events that may occur during the existence of an individual annuity contract (e.g. RRSPs, RESPs, TFSAs lines of credit, non-registered plans, RRIFs and LIFs, etc.) from setting up of the contract to the final termination of the contract due to death or surrender. This position is characterized by frequent periods of intense work and requires overtime during certain periods. Works in an investment fund environment, in which the products evolve rapidly and taxation laws are frequently amended.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Process transactions received from clients on a first in first out basis, based on the training received and following pre-established guidelines.
- Ensure the paperwork received for the transaction is in order and updating the computer/client’s records
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity
- Ensure maximum reliability in terms of availability and adherence to deadlines as well as policies and procedures
- Forward cases requiring investigation to the Investigator role. At times, communicate directly with the client by phone or e-mail to obtain the missing information.
- Escalate situations outside of the norm with possible solutions to the Team Leader/Co-ordinator
- Along with fellow team members, assume full responsibility for the team’s productivity
- Identify opportunities and providing viable alternatives and solutions for process improvements
- Contribute toward the creation of a positive environment where all team members can learn and share knowledge and collaborate for the benefit of the team’s success
- Focus on what matters most to clients/partners by keeping their needs front and centre and systematically keep their needs in mind
- Go beyond what is expected by putting in the additional effort to exceed expectations, both in terms of behaviours (in line with values) and objectives (if applicable)
- Commit to proactive and ongoing improvement of the skills and the continues acquisition of knowledge
- Adhere to the policies and procedures documented to ensure completion of daily task lists.
- Make decisions based on policies and procedures with risk/cost assessment and escalation where required.
- Process simple financial and non-financial transactions in contracts for Individual Savings and Retirement. Examples of simple transactions include deposits and new issues in RRSPs, LIRAs, TFSAs, surrenders without assignments, beneficiary changes, switches, investor profile updates, Limited Trading Authorizations, etc.
- College degree in financial services is an asset.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Customer Service oriented
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgement, autonomy and sense of priorities
- Excellent ability to learn, work under pressure and respond positively