iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
*Due to the current situation with Covid-19, this position will begin with working from home. Following the government’s reopening guidelines along with iA’s reopening of our offices, the work location will be 26 Wellington Street East.*
- Define, in collaboration with the partner and the architects, the scope of the projects according to the solutions to be implemented. If necessary in the life of the project, recommend adjustments to the scope according to changing needs
- Lead strategic priorities as assigned, using multiple project management methodologies and applying best tools based on initiative
- Work closely with cross functional and technology teams to lead and drive technology initiatives
- Organize and facilitate a disciplined project planning framework based on a good understanding of the impact on the business and key support functions
- Manage the delivery, execution, and consideration of all key aspects of projects including planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, time/cost estimates, and tracking budgets/costs
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills to respond with immediate action in an environment with challenging personalities, conflicting priorities, complex systems and interactions, and dependencies
- Efficiently and effectively manage stakeholder expectations to ensure initiative success
- Will ensure that assigned initiatives are completed on time, within scope and budget
- Will be able to identify inefficiencies and develop solutions for improvement
- Facilitate planning meetings, daily scrums, retrospectives and participate in different relevant meetings and committees
- Produce meeting minutes, management indicators and other project artifacts for project control and decision-making
- Evaluate the risks and action plans to put in place and proactively apply the risk management measures to minimize the impacts on the project
- Carry out budget monitoring, estimate what remains to be done and manage the overall project capacity
- Support the production teams in order to remove obstacles to attainment of project objectives discussed during the daily scrums and retrospectives, or project update meetings
- Participate in education on Agile mode and iterative deliveries, both IT side and partners.