Reporting to the Director, Communications & Events, the Communication & Events Administrator will assist in implementing internal & external communications and event ...
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Director, Communications & Events, the Communication & Events Administrator will assist in implementing internal & external communications and event planning strategies. This includes but is not exclusive to; providing operational support in the development and execution of communications and event projects; coordinate internal event status meetings and scheduling of events, order catering, registration reporting, processing invoices, corporate reception relief, maintaining web content and assisting with onsite event production.
- Coordinate and provide support in the planning, developing, producing, and delivering of communications materials
- Write or coordinate the writing of articles and web copy to be used across various channels
- Create written materials including some business communications, reports, and corporate presentations
- Assist in the development and execution of leader communications, including town halls, lunch and learns, announcements, and more
- Monitor and respond to queries in the events & communications team boxes
- Prepare post event survey’s and overview of results
- Assist with managing on-site production staging and wrap-up for events as necessary
- Prepare conference materials, such as nametags, materials, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Create and manage in-house registration and reporting
- Keep track of event finances including cheque requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Maintain events calendars for advisors and internal staff
- Arrange and confirm all department advisor conference calls webcasts
- Shipping all event materials from office and suppliers to site and return shipping as needed
Minimum requirements include:
- Post-secondary education with specialization in events/communications/public relations strongly preferred
- 3 year post university work experience in communications/events, internal communications, or related field
- Interest in and passion for effective business communications
- Excellent professional communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in graphic design software (Photoshop, or similar)
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.