The Client Relations Specialist (CRS) will provide first level contact with customers, agents of Industrial Alliance and administrative staff from our MGA offices.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you enjoy interacting with people over the phone? Do you have experience or interest in the financial services industry? If so, we have the position for you!
Reporting to the team leader the Client Relations Specialist (CRS) will provide first level contact with customers, agents of Industrial Alliance and administrative staff from our MGA offices.
The key activities are:
- Respond to telephone calls from clients, agents and agency administration staff as well as other financial institutions
- Answer questions on products with full understanding of the contract and administrative provisions.
- Answer questions regarding tax rules for all registered RSP, RIF, LIF, RESP, TFSA, locked-in plans and non registered contracts. Responsible to correctly advise clients of impacts transactions will have on taxation to the contract owner. Must also be able to verify and educate clients on CRA forms and the taxation of various transfers.
- Review and correctly analyze transactions made on contracts in response to inquiries. Must have the ability to recognize processing errors, and take corrective steps.
- Answer questions regarding RESP grant rejects by the Government. Must recognize reject codes and provide clients with direction on Corrective actions to be taken.
- Make decisions to facilitate the client's request- such as escalations for transactions, waving administrations fees when appropriate, approve exceptions to certain processes.
- Focus on building and maintaining excellent relationships with Industrial Alliance agents, MGA administration staff and clients.
- Answer e-mails from clients, agents and agency staff. E-mail inquiries are varied - basic transaction status requests, to death claim notifications, questions on taxation, notification of errors, responses from prior NIGO follow ups, complaints. Must meet and strive to exceed turn- around times for e-mail responses to clients.
- Follow up on incomplete transactions submissions- NIGO (not in good order transactions) for new issue/ deposit/ redemption/ change transaction types.
- Contact agents and/or MGA offices for clarification of transaction requests that are unclear or cannot be processed. A thorough explanation must be provided to the recipient to advise why we cannot proceed and what steps must be taken — missing information etc- to allow us to proceed.
- Clearly document the instruction received for the file- Workflow. Ensuring it is understandable for other staff. This is time sensitive with a high level of prioritization
- The incumbent must possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Word and data entry into various computer programs
- Able to demonstrate good time management and work well under pressure with daily deadlines
- Exhibit a positive attitude, image and has high level of motivation
- General College degree/diploma.
- 2-3 years experience working in the financial industry — specific experience working in the segregated fund, mutual fund environment.
- Experience working in a call centre/ brokerage/ MGA office with responsibility for review of applications and form completion.